Outdoor learning offers countless benefits to children. It develops self-awareness, confidence and self-esteem, as well as collaborative working and communication skills to name just a few. We offer Woodland School lessons in Burnham Beeches, these sessions include activities such a shelter building, bird watching and mini beast hunts.
Woodland School Dates
Tuesday 11th June
Monday 24th June
Wednesday 17th July (due to sports day practices, Woodland School has been postponed by one week to this date)
Your children will need to be dressed in appropriate clothing.
– All children need to wear sensible footwear, ideally wellies, snow boots or trainers.
– No sandals, crocs or other open shoes to be worn during Woodland School sessions.
– Children to wear long trousers and socks to protect their legs from scratches and stings.
– During cold and damp weather children should wear waterproof tops and trousers.
– If it is cold, please make sure your child has thick socks for wellington boots, as these don’t provide much insulation and children with cold toes aren’t happy children!
– Likewise, please provide named gloves, ideally attached to the child’s jacket with either elastic or clips, so they are less likely to get lost.