Outdoor learning offers countless benefits to children. It develops self-awareness, confidence and self-esteem, as well as collaborative working and communication skills to name just a few. We offer Forest School lessons in Burnham Beeches, these sessions include activities such a shelter building, bird watching and mini beast hunts.
*Due to COVID-19 Woodland School will be carried out within our private school garden until further notice.
Your children will need to be dressed in appropriate clothing.
– All children need to wear sensible footwear, ideally wellies, snow boots or trainers.
– No sandals, crocs or other open shoes to be worn during Woodland School sessions.
– Children to wear long trousers and socks to protect their legs from scratches and stings.
– During cold and damp weather children should wear waterproof tops and trousers.
– If it is cold, please make sure your child has thick socks for wellington boots, as these don’t provide much insulation and children with cold toes aren’t happy children!
– Likewise, please provide named gloves, ideally attached to the child’s jacket with either elastic or clips, so they are less likely to get lost.